21. Do not talk in a negative way about last position, manager or company.
22. Have a list of prepared questions. This shows your preparedness and indicates you are mature, professional and interested. A lack of questions can be mistaken as a lack of interest. Some possibilities might be:
- What would I be expected to accomplish in this position?
- What are YOUR (the interviewer) expectations of this position over the next six months? Over the next year?
- What will it take to be successful in this position?
- How do you define or rate success in this position?
- What are some characteristics of your successful staff?
- What is the company culture like?
- What are the greatest challenges in this position?
- How do you think I fit the position?
23. If they have answered all your questions just say “I did have questions but you have answered them all”.
24. Express interest in going to the next step.
25. If you are comfortable you can ask where you fit in with the other people they have interviewed