7. ASK FOR BUSINESS CARDS FROM THE PEOPLE YOU MEET
- You will need these cards for follow-up thank you notes.
8. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR THIS CLIENT THEN ASK FOR THE JOB AT THE INTERVIEW.
- “I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen here today. I have enjoyed learning about your company and its products or services. I’m confident I could do an excellent job in the position”.
- “I am very interested in the opportunity that you have outlined in this interview. What are the next steps in the interviewing/hiring process for me”?
- “I would really enjoy working with you and your company. How soon would you want me to start working on your team?”
If you are not interested in the position or don’t think the interview went well then don’t let your feelings show. Often other positions become available that might be of interest to you and by leaving a positive impression you may be considered by them in the future.
Occasionally an interviewer, who is genuinely interested in you, may seem to discourage you as a way of testing your reaction. If you reach for the job it shows your true desire. If you don’t chase after the position, it may indicate a lower level of interest.
Thank the interviewer for his/her time and consideration