Happy Friday! Today begins Beckertek’s advice on how to nail the live interview. Here are the first two tips..
Your goal of the interview is twofold, to determine if the opportunity is right for you and to ultimately receive an offer of employment. This is an offer you choose to accept or decline. By the end of each interview, make sure you have demonstrated to the interviewer exactly;
- Why you are interested in this position
- What can you offer the company as an employee
1. PREPARE FOR YOUR INTERVIEW
- Visit the website of the company and learn about its products and services.
- Make sure you know how to get to the interview. If you are unfamiliar with the route or do not know the destination, then we recommend you drive the route a day early to ensure your navigation on the interview day. Don’t rely only on directions from the Internet.
2. BE PREPARED WHEN THE INTERVIEWER ASKS: “Tell me about yourself”
- Focus your answer on your background and a few professional and personal accomplishments
- Give a few specific references to previous successes or achievements for example; highly successful projects, ways you increased productivity, processes developed, systems installed, etc.